- Written by Taaka Odera for Kenyakidz
Factz every child should know0 out of 50 based on 0 voters.
Did you know…
- When hippos are upset their sweat turns red.
- A flock of crows is known as a murder
- Cherophobia is the fear of fun
- Recycling one glass jar saves enough energy to watch TV for 3 hours
- A crocodile can’t poke its tongue out
- A small child can swim through the veins of a blue whale
- The total number of steps in the Eiffel Tower is 1665
- It snowed in the Sahara desert for 30 minutes on the 18th of February 1979
- The average person walks the equivalent of twice around the world in a lifetime
- The Bible is the most shoplifted book in the world
- Every year more than 2,500 left handed people are killed from using right-handed products.
- Most toilets flush in E flat
- The pound key (#) on your keyboard is called an octotroph
- In the arctic the sun sometimes appears to be square
- The average person laughs 10 times a day!
- Kenya is named after Mt Kenya, the tallest mountain in the country
- Chocolate comes from the cacao tree, and is thought to have first been used in 1000BC (although whether the cacao bean was used to make chocolate is still uncertain)
- Jamhuri Day or Independence Day is celebrated on the 12th of December
- Over 60 languages are spoken in Kenya amongst over 40 different ethnic tribes
- Kenya has 53 different Airports and Airstrips!